Taking on Cycle the Month: Choose Your Challenge? We're here to help. Below you can find ideas, hints, tips, downloads, and words of advice from our super cycling supporter, Asif, who has been there and got his Prostate Cancer UK t-shirt.
1. Get a plan in place early Organise when you’re going to cycle and think about your goal - do you plan to do a certain number of miles a week or blast it all in a couple of days? If you’re going to cycle throughout a weekend, get your route planned, sort out some snacks and let your friends and family know in case they can come and cheer you on from the pavement.
2. Set up your online fundraising page Make it as easy as possible for people to give you money by creating an online fundraising page. Make the most of your JustGiving page and make sure it stands out from the crowd by adding in your own picture and story.
3. Spread the word Your friends and family will be so proud of you for taking this challenge on, as long as they know it's happening. Share your cycling plans on your social media pages, wear one of our branded tops to spread awareness and shout it from the rooftops - you’re doing something incredible!
Local papers are always looking for a great story, so let them know what you’re up to. You can also contact us for a template press release and ongoing support.
4. Ask the boss! Find out if your employer offers matched giving or would like to give a donation. Remember to add your donation page link to your email signature, and see if you can publicise your story on your intranet to help generate sponsorship.
5. Thank your sponsors It’s up to you how you want to do this, some people send emails, some send cards, whatever you feel is appropriate make sure you take the time to thank the people that donated to your cause.